Sanctuary by Wayfarer
Sanctuary is an album with a variety of stylistic influences, but one common theme. The album is about one’s personal hopes and dreams, that which we keep inside in our own personal, inner world. this is the area within ourselves where we feel safe and allow ourselves to kindle hope and envision dreams. In this space, we fine true creativity, for we can use our imaginations to divine whatever we wish without fear of judgement or rejection.
Our hopes, dreams, and imagination are the truly individualistic and personal gifts that we have to offer the universe. When we engage our dreams with creativity whether it be through action, conceptualization, or creative expression, we then one is actually giving their gift of individuality and freedom appreciation. Thus, one is making his or her own dreams manifest.
Hear the Music
Below is a music player from which you can hear the songs on this album. You can click “open player” to open the player in a new, player-sized window. Further below are links to sites with album and single-track downloads.
CDs & Downloads
Also Available On
Track List & Descriptions
- Sanctuary – This is the anthem that opens the album. It takes the listener to a place where imagination reigns supreme so that the story can unfold.
- The Chance – Life is full of risk, and this is especially true when one considers taking a chance in following his or her heart. Such a path does open up one’s vulnerabilities. Handled correctly, these vulnerabilities fall away as one tempers and strengthens the inner spirit along this journey.
- The Rage of Love – When love enters one’s life, it is easy to get carried of on a fantasy where one envisions the object of his or her desire as an infallible, perfect being and strengthens one own self to rise to the challenge.
- Dreams of Fall – In the North, the autumn is a magical time of year. memories come up with feelings of nostalgia and the progression of holidays until the winter’s solstice and Christmas is a time of an emotional rollercoaster through hopes and regrets.
- Prayer Dance – As one is consumed with imagination, the thought of magic pervades one’s thoughts. Can such power be wielded through the dedication to ritual and conscious expansion? Or is this just a path of revelation about one’s self and the knowledge of the universe?
- Desert Love – The deserts of the world are magical places. These are spots where purification can occur. As one sweats out the toxins in the physical body, the starkness of the land also purges the spirit of that which no longer serves one’s purpose.
- Inner Harbor – The summertime brings warmth to the soul and warmth to the body as well. When one explores the meeting grounds in places of nature, one meets the world and the providers of insight and inspiration from distant lands.
- Hope for the Lost Tribe – Those who wander from the legacy of mistakes made may experience a gloominess of hope that is dim and a path full of obstructions and struggles. Yet, even the smallest amount of hope can light one’s way to being found again.
- For the Love of Her – We tend to think that the decision in the Garden of Eden made by Eve as the only critical decision made. Yet, Adam also made the decision to eat form the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and chose that Eve would be his companion above all others. From this, all that has come from humanity was sprung, the evil and the good.
- Sanctuary Opened – After a time of great struggle, one learns to open up his or her own sanctuary to let others in and to let the spirit free. This is a time of release.
Acoustic & Electric Guitar Recorded by Bradley Hinton
Soprano and Tenor Saxophone Recorded by Lawrence W. Moore
All other music written and electronically realized and engineered by Lawrence W. Moore
Shroud artwork on the album cover created by Claudia Garcia Calderon
Wayfarer Sanctuary is Copyright 2000 by Lawrence W. Moore, All Rights Reserved